Tuesday 23 December 2014

Stitching For Summer

I started on a summer stitching project yesterday
It will become a quilted wall hanging, there are nine blocks in total, each one has an embroidered design in the middle, this is a project I am putting together for the ladies at the craft club, each block will introduce them to a new stitch or technique, this block is using a basic back stitch and colonial knots.
Once the stitching is completed it will be turned into a patchwork block. 
It is not my design but one I have adapted from Red Brolly, I will provide the ladies with the materials they need to complete each block and will be on hand to help them with instructions, I will post when i have finished the block hopefully it will be done later today.

2 comments:

  1. Each block will look wonderful. Must confess that in art or textile crafts I love poppies most of all X

    ReplyDelete