Monday 9 March 2015

Chocolate Box

There has been a lot going on the past few weeks but I have been sewing
I wanted to start using my collection of jelly rolls, they ave been lingering around for some time.
A jelly roll is 40 strips of co-ordinating fabric they are 2.5 inches wide and are cut the full width of the fabric, the great thing is all the colour co-ordinating is done for you, there many many books out there on making quilts from jelly roll strips.
This was the first quilt I ever made from a jelly roll a long time ago now
It was made from a batik roll and I have this quilt hanging on my living room wall.
It was made from this book and is called Bars of Gold.
The quilt I am doing now again comes this book
They call it Blue Lagoon mine I am calling Chocolate Box as its a mix of browns
It is really easy to do, a light and dark strip sewed together, then cut to 2.5 inch rectangles then turned top to tail and stitch together to make squares they will then be stitched to plain colour to make up strips again, strips joined into a quilt top.
I have been working on it in the house, as many of you know my dog has been poorly at the moment she struggles with the step into the cabin so I brought one of my other machines up to the house so I can sew and keep her company, Martin has now re-done the step so it is easier for Kara to manage so we can now craft back in the cabin together, well I craft she sleeps :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you and Kara can continue your crafting together. I had never really understood jelly rolls before you explained this, so it was great to get your explanation - thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete