Sunday 4 January 2015

Second Garden Block Finished

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12932553/?claim=ce7dvdmyv47">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I have finished stitching the second block of the garden quilt
I am enjoying doing the embroidery for each block and looking forward to showing the ladies at the craft group, they will be doing a block a month so I need to be a good few blocks ahead of them.
 I did toy with the idea of changing the fabric order on the patchwork, in the end I decided to stick with the original lay out.
I have been busy organising my cabin and getting towards the end of the boxes, I have come across a lot of unfinished sewing and knitting projects and now have them in view and aim to big a big dent in them this year.
I have organised the sewing textile end of my cabin.
Its great having everything within reach
I have no plans to be buying any more fabric for a long long time
The same goes for yarn, a lot of these pigeon holes have unfinished projects in them, so no new ones started and no new craft stash until there is some empty holes there, having this unit has created a sewing area for me, or a clean crafting area, this is the smaller end of the cabin, the other end is still being organised but I am making progress.

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, how amazing the cabin looks!! So many wonderful possibilities of things to come! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its going to be a great place to escape to :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love my cabin too much to let anyone move in :-)

      Delete
  3. That is an amazing looking workshop. Made me feel I wanted to browse through it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy browsing through it, it gets me all excited about crafting :-)

      Delete
  4. I would love to have some friends over to play :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing. If I had that much fabric and wool I wouldn't have to buy any more in my lifetime. I bet you wish there were 48 hours in a day to look after your homestead AND create your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps I made a very similar quilt for my grandaughter's first bed and I so enjoyed the embroidery I was sad to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying doing the embroidery I hope the ladies at the craft group enjoy it too :-)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry didn't check spelling before I posted! I love your cabin I don't think I'd come out, I love it when people realise their dreams. I don't imagine you'll have problems finding willing visitors for workshop days.

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete