Wednesday 29 October 2014

Fingerless Gloves.

I am in the process of knitting myself some fingerless gloves to give my stiff joints a bit of warmth through the winter.
The pattern says knit in 2 hours, with stiff painful fingers I don't think so.
Its a nice easy pattern on two needles I am doing these in some Aran wool I had left over, so they will be nice and chunky.
Here is a link to the pattern Fingerless gloves 
I need to get some more socks knitted up as well, I am happy to knit on 4 needles and have a very good pattern I use time and again for 4ply socks and a different pattern for chunky socks, when I was visiting a friend the other week she had been knitting socks on two needles they were really lovely the book she was knitting them from was called Knit Your Socks On The Straight by Alice Curtis, I have ordered the book and waiting for it to come should be here tomorrow. 
Back to my mitts hopefully have them finished for tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, I haven't made any for years. The first pair I made ended up as two right handed gloves doh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing an updated post tonight on the gloves there is an error with the pattern

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your knitting. I really MUST relearn sock knitting as I have two beautiful hanks of sock wool bought from Hay-on-Wye in the last year or so.

    I've been looking at earlier posts in October and you have a serious sewing machine there! What sort is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sewing machine is a Brother Innovis 1200 I have had it for 4 years I bought it as an anniversay present from hubby when he was away climbing Mt Everest :-)

      Delete